Skip to main content



Cleaning my Dash and Albert stair runner

Three years ago my husband and I installed our Dash and Albert stair runner.  The pattern is Vanilla Sky.  This is how it looked when we first installed it...

I really loved the colors.  And despite the fact that the pattern's colors were rather light I still went with it and was happy that I didn't compromise with a darker color or pattern.

My only issue these last three years was how to clean it.  For some reason I started to notice brown stains on a number of the treads.  Perhaps they were stains wicking up from underneath. Not really sure since we try to be super careful about wearing shoes, especially since all our floors are white!
I tried all kinds of things to clean it, but nothing worked.  I tried Folex, which got rave reviews and was even recommended by a friend but it didn't touch the stains.  I tried Resolve, which seemed to work initially but after it dried the stains were still there.  Plus the smell was awful.  It was difficult to use with my asthma.

I even trie…

Latest Posts

Riding after 32 years

Trip to Warm Springs, Virginia

Making designed plates with Sharpies

Old structures

Barn Quilt for a friend

What I learned living in a historic district

My Chicago home

Wearing sandals in the Fall