Fireplace mantel decor

When I was a kid we had a pet rabbit.  But sadly we didn't have the best arrangement for her so she ended up living at a children's petting zoo.  Even though we were a bit sad to see her go it was better for her.  And we were able to visit her whenever we wanted.

So, when I saw this rabbit for sale I had to have it.



 This little guy was on sale, I snagged him for a mere $2.00!  I actually thought about passing him by because I wasn't sure where I'd put him but my husband encouraged me to get him and I could figure it out later.

He looks great on the mantel.




We had some barn wood left over after doing the wall in our room upstairs.  So we decided to use the opposite side of the wood and create this above the fireplace.




I decided not to clutter the fireplace mantel with a lot of stuff.  Just keep it simple...



I think the wood adds warmth and breaks up all the white we have in this room.



Glad I didn't pass the rabbit by!


“Hallo, Rabbit,” he said, “is that you?”

"Let’s pretend it isn’t,” said Rabbit, “and see what happens.”
A.A. Milne

Comments

Popular Posts