Bathroom remodel reveal

 Our bathroom remodel is finally completed!  It took about six weeks, which really wasn't bad considering it was gutted down to the studs.









This is where the tub was that we had removed...


It’s one thing to have an idea in your head of how everything is going to turn out, then reality is somewhat different. By and large my concept for this bathroom was achieved, but there were a couple bumps along the way.

I’ve never dealt with a contractor or went through a remodel, so I didn’t know what to expect. I did figure that everything would take much longer than estimated, and I was right about that. Also, there were a couple things I had to change because the original ideas I had just weren’t going to work. That was a little disappointing, but understandable.

I picked this rain shower head with hand sprayer by Pulse in Brushed Nickel...



My Kohler sink, which I couldn't be any happier with...












I went with white subway tile and black grout.  We ended up with two white granite shelves since we couldn't do a niche as we had planned.


I opted for a black granite curb...


Initially I thought I wanted white, but I love the black contrast and it really pops! 

The biggest wow factor in our bathroom has to be the wainscoting board and batten...








The wainscoting comes up the wall about 56 inches from the floor.  It is the jewel of this room, painted Extra White by Sherwin Williams and above the wainscoating walls and ceiling painted Tricorn Black by Sherwin Williams.


We did a simple white penny tile with black grout on the floor and the floor of the shower.




My soap dish and outlet switch covers are white porcelain.




All of the hardware, towel bar, toilet paper holder, robe hooks and glass shelves are from Rejuvination.
They are the line called Bixby and are Brushed Nickel.









The mirror I had purchased for the space didn’t work, so I opted for this brushed nickel tilt mirror.




I think my black transferware pitcher looks really cute on the shelf!



I have one piece of art in here because there is very little wall space.  I'll have another post on this in an upcoming post.




My light fixture is from Pottery Barn, Mercer Double Horizontal light...





There is one original item in this bathroom, the vent cover.  They are hard to come by.  So I removed the cover, stripped off 5 layers of paint and painted it black...


It sits behind the toilet, so you see very little of it.



Our bathroom is super small. We got rid of the tub and now just have the shower.  The transformation is just what I pictured for our 1930's bathroom.

Before...



After...




Before...


After...


We used a local company for our shower doors.  It took about three weeks after the time of order to get them installed.  I opted for no towel bar.









Sources: Bixby hand towel bar, toilet paper holder, robe hooks, glass shelves (Rejuvination)        
               Pfister Venturi brushed nickel tilt mirror (Home Depot)
               Bemis elongated black wood toilet seat with brushed nickel hinges (Menards)
               Moen Boardwalk faucet brushed nickel 
               Pulse retrofit brushed nickel shower bar system (Lowe’s)
               Morgan memory foam bath mat (Pottery Barn)
               Mercer double horizontal sconce (Pottery Barn)
               Kohler Greenwich wall mount sink
               Kohler Highline Arc toilet 
   

Comments

Popular Posts