1933 Art by Georges Lepape


 When it was time to add a piece of art to our bathroom after the remodel I knew I wanted something to tie in the 1930’s vibe.

Our house was built in 1933, so I had the idea why not have art from that era?

Georges Lepape was a French poster artist. He was born in 1887 and died in 1971. He did many covers for Vogue and Vanity Fair magazines. His style was reminiscent of the Art Nouveau style.

Here’s the piece I picked.




 

This was the 1933 cover of Vogue.  It is perfect for our space because it really pops against the black walls. The fact that it is from the year our house was built makes it even better.

You can find these reproduction pieces here:

https://condenaststore.com

When you pick something you like you chose if you want a canvas, metal, wood, poster, framed or even acrylic piece. I picked the metal, and I like how the piece on the back allows it to stick out from the wall.



There is very little wall space in this bathroom to add any art, other than this small area. I think it looks great against the black and has the Art Deco look I was after.








Comments

Popular Posts