Mid-summer Garden 2020

This year I've written a few posts about our garden.  Since gardens are constantly changing I thought you might like to see what is currently in bloom.


I have a lot of these purple Phlox throughout the yard.  Currently only my purple ones are in bloom, but I also have white.


These are Turk's cap liliesHummingbird's love them!


They spread, and I have them in multiple areas throughout the yard.


I really love sunflowers.  This year I tried my hand at some of the smaller varieties.  These don't grow quite as tall as most sunflowers and are a pretty pale yellow.  


The bee's have taken a liking to them!


I haven't decided if the pale yellow are my favorites, or these Teddy Bear sunflowers...

They are like a little powder puff!



My Rose of Sharon has many blooms this year.  I planted it about nine years ago when it was nothing more than stick.


 I love when I can capture bugs on my flowers!


I planted Dill and I'm pretty sure these are Monarch Butterfly caterpillars.  There's a bunch on the Dill and I'm thrilled that they found a food source and are doing so well!


Before long we'll be heading into Fall, so enjoy your Summer blooms while you can!

Comments

Popular Posts