Quilts

When a friend of mine had her first child 17 years ago I tried my hand at making a baby quilt. I had never made a quilt before, but thought I’d give it a try. I made that quilt out of old baby clothes that another friend had donated. It came out really cute and ended up being something my friends son became rather attached to.
Over the years I’ve made several baby quilts but have discovered quilt kits that have made making quilts easy even for a beginner.



This particular quilt I made was probably my favorite. I made it for a friend’s baby girl. 



I absolutely loved the colors and patterns that came in this kit!


I find kits worth the cost because everything is precut and the instructions are easy to follow.

I’ve also done rag quilts, which are probably the most simple quilt you can make because it is very unforgiving.


This quilt I was able to add a personalized embroidered name to one of the squares. Often you can find a shop online that will do this for you at no extra cost.



I’ve even had messages embroidered in different languages.


This one was done for a friend of mine who had a baby boy.



I did a double sized crib quilt for a friend of mine that she can use as a throw...



I was able to put a scripture in the Swahili language on the middle square of this quilt.


The advantage to rag quilts is that you don’t have to put the backing on separately. The quilt is made up of three layers sewed together and that last layer makes the back. Instead of a quilt taking days to make I can make one of these in a couple hours.

You can find quilt kits on ETSY. Why not try your hand at one? They make very special gifts.








Comments

Popular Posts