Homemade Headboard

Back in 2010 I had read a post at Younghouselove.com about how to make a headboard for your bed.  They had used a wooden frame used to stretch canvas for their headboard, but I went even cheaper and used 1x2's cut to size at my home improvement store.  I put the frame together with L brackets, and then attached the batting and fabric with a staple gun.  Without the fabric it cost me a whopping $5!
Here's how the first one I did turned out:
Seriously, I think this dog has to be in every picture I take!


So, not too shabby for a first attempt.  In fact, Younghouselove.com  were even kind enough to feature it on their blog!
Go here to see my 15 minutes of fame:

At the time I had no idea what a huge thing that was.  I do now.  Since I've been trying to create my own little blog I've come to appreciate other people's blogs that are read by thousands of followers.  Some people even make a career out of this blog stuff.

Anyway, I made sure I read all the comments posted about my first headboard creation on Younghouselove.com .  And to my dismay a comment was made about the imperfection of my headboard.  You see, I hadn't noticed that the pattern dropped at the top.  It wasn't as perfect as I had made it out to be.  So I did what any sane person would do...I made another one.


This time I went a little crazy.  Instead of using one large panel I created three smaller ones with my 1x2's cut to the size I wanted.  I used the exact same process that I did to make the first one with the batting and fabric stapled to the frames.  Then my husband and I merely hung them on the wall, just like a beautiful picture!  I even made the pillows to coordinate.  

So, what's the point of all this?  That sometimes criticism can be a good thing.  It can make you strive to do better, to think outside the box and to finally nail it to the wall!

Thanks Younghouselove.com for the initial inspiration.

Comments

Popular Posts