Antique exterior door

“She knocked and waited, because when the door was opened from within, it had the potential to lead someplace quite different.” 

 Laini Taylor


Recently my husband wanted a new exterior door put on the back of our house.

Let us define "new" for a moment.  I didn't want a new manufactured door. If I can infuse old and antique throughout my home, I will.  Thus began the search for the perfectly imperfect old door.

I went to my favorite antique salvage store where I found a door that was the right width but too short in length.  No worries, just find someone that's willing to tackle a project like that.



When you find something this perfect and beautiful you find a way to make it work.  Then you make sure the jewelry that goes with it is extra special...


A copper door knob with matching back plate.

Then you hang it and paint the inside a fresh coat of white.




Then you paint the exterior and unexpected Navy.  (Naval by Sherwin Williams.)



We are so pleased with it!


Eventually we will paint the screen door the same navy.


How did I know navy would blend right in with the existing colors on our home?


I had some inspiration...






Comments

Popular Posts