What to do with an old tree stump

When we had to have a sick tree removed from our yard we wanted to have the stump ground down.

Our yard is difficult to access and the tree removal company would have to take down our fence to get the equipment back there so we decided to just leave the stump where it was.

But lets face it, tree stumps in a yard aren't terribly attractive.



So, I got an idea...

Why not paint a mariners compass on the stump?






So, this is my take on a mariners compass...



I merely drew out the pattern and then free hand-painted the compass.

I used craft paints that I already had.



When it was dry I used the same clear coat over it to protect the paint that I had used to protect my barn quilt.


I think it came out pretty cool...


When my husband first saw it he said he really liked it, albeit a little weird.  He said all these years living with my strange ideas is rubbing off on him.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts