Chalk painting Ladderback Chairs

When we moved into our home we had no dining room furniture.

So we made our own dining table.




I found two ladder back chairs in the garbage that my friend and I drug home.

I liked them and lived with them as they were for six years.

I also bought four matching old chairs off of Craigslist for $45 and painted them a cream color with milk paint.  I've always loved the finish.


Before...



After...



So, I got to thinking that I'd like to paint the ladder back chairs.  I would leave the seats as they were though.  I really like green and so decided to go with Terre Verte by Renaissance Innovations Chalk paint.



While I like the color, it's not as dark as I thought it would be.  I thought it would be more sage but really it's more toward a mint.

After removing the seats I gave them an initial coat.



I gave them two coats.  Then I distressed them just a little and waxed them.


I'm happy with the final results.



They look really pretty with the wood table and the other cream chairs.






Here they are before...


After...











Comments

Popular Posts