French door

I'm all about putting things back into a house that rightly belong.

For example...

Our kitchen had a door as you exited the room between the kitchen and the back door foyer.

But it had been removed, who knows when, who knows why.

My guess is that it someone found it annoying, kinda like the butler door between our kitchen and dining room. It had been removed at some point but we put it back into its rightful place.

See?



Having this door back in its rightful place doesn't annoy me one bit.

And neither does adding this one to our kitchen...


It's so pretty.

It cost us $20 at a architectural salvage store.



I replaced some of the pane's.  Some were glass and others were plexiglass.  That costs $9.00.  It also needed some patching and painting.

But the star of the door is the vintage glass knob I bought at the salvage store.  It cost more than the door, $25.  But it's worth every penny.  We have glass knobs throughout our house.  They are like little jewels.


I wonder what kind of door was there originally.  

Whatever kind it might have been I'm so happy with the door we chose to stand in its place...

Right where it belongs!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts