Barn Quilt through the seasons

When I first made a barn quilt for our garage, I never gave thought to how it might fair through the years and elements outside.


I used craft paints, even though I know many people that make barn quilts and place them on barns use outdoor paints.  I made sure that even though I used craft paints I protected the paint with a good sealer.


I highly recommend Woodlife Classic Clear Wood Preservative.  After I made the quilt I gave it two good coats of sealer.

It has withstood years of sun, rain, wind and snow.


Here it is today.  Looking just as pretty as the day we hung it up!


This quilt gave life to our humble little garage.


Really such a simple project that anyone can do.


Catch the barn quilt fever and add one to your barn, garage, shed or home!






Comments

Popular Posts