I was so happy with how it turned out and it’s still just as vibrant as the day we hung it up.
I decided my friend needed a quilt for her fence.
And here it is…
While it may look similar to the first one I did, in actuality it is very different. The pattern is different and I had to divide it into four sections instead of the nine I divided mine into. And while nine sections sounds more complicated than four, actually I had a harder time with this second quilt. I don’t know why, but it took me about an hour and a half to lay out the design, with a lot of marking and erasing. I was getting really frustrated. But I persevered. Also the colors may appear to be the same, and while some of them are, there are some different colors in this quilt. In fact I actually painted this quilt twice! The first colors were yellows and blues but I just didn’t like it.
We put Sandy’s husband to work to hang it. They decided to hang it on their fence. Here is Butch getting ready to spring into action…
He merely hung it with screws after pre-drilling the holes.
Here is Sandy and I…and the barn quilt in all its glory!