Barn Quilt for a friend



This is the first barn quilt I ever made...



I was so happy with how it turned out and it’s still just as vibrant as the day we hung it up.  
I decided my friend needed a quilt for her fence.
And here it is…


While it may look similar to the first one I did, in actuality it is very different.  The pattern is different and I had to divide it into four sections instead of the nine I divided mine into.  And while nine sections sounds more complicated than four, actually I had a harder time with this second quilt.   I don’t know why, but it took me about an hour and a half to lay out the design, with a lot of marking and erasing.  I was getting really frustrated.  But I persevered.  Also the colors may appear to be the same, and while some of them are, there are some different colors in this quilt.  In fact I actually painted this quilt twice!  The first colors were yellows and blues but I just didn’t like it.

Here is Sandy and I…and the barn quilt in all its glory!


     
                                                                                                                                                     Which one do you like the best?

Comments

Popular Posts