Navy entryway

Let's face it, we all love navy...

Who doesn't own a nice pair of jeans, or two, or three, or...

You get the picture.  So why are we so afraid to paint it on a wall, or two, or three, or...

I never got the "a dark color will make your room feel smaller" propaganda.  And even if it were the case, what's wrong with a little smaller?  Isn't the trade off for some color worth it?

So, lets get a little crazy, and think Navy!


This is Sherwin-Williams color Naval for Pottery Barn



This one I'm loving because of the runner and all the white contrast.  Kudos to the person that had and executed this vision.


Now I have very textured walls in my home.  But I wanted a navy entryway and the texture and small space didn't deter me...


I painted the trim a crisp white, installed a new floor for only $7.00!  I stained the front door with Minwax Polyshades Espresso Satin.  Because of the small space I added just a little art in a white frame (a black one I painted white) of some photograph's I took on a cemetery walk...

My paint color is by Benjamin Moore called Old Navy in a matte finish.
Don't be afraid of color.

I'm going to add one more coat of finish to that front door...then all will be well.

Comments

Popular Posts