NYC Architecture Lost
This Church of the Disciples was built in 1873 at a cost of $150,000. The property that the church sat upon cost $125,000. While the church raised $100,000 the rest of the debt was financed by the congregation but was unable to be repaid. As a result the church was foreclosed and sold at auction. It was demolished in 1899.
Made of iron and masonry, this church could seat 3,000.
Source: New York Architecture